How to put emojis or emoticons in posts or comments on Facebook or Messenger
Facebook or Messenger emoticons and emoji have become easier to use over the years os, as the social network has added interactive menus that make it easy for users to insert funny faces.
How to Use Emojis on Facebook or Messenger
In the early days, Facebook users had a limited selection of emoticons , but now there’s a huge menu full of emoji that you can choose from when making status updates, comments and private messages.
How to add Facebook Emoji to a status update
- Click inside What do you have in mind? status box.
- Enter what you want to include in your update.
- You can also leave it blank if you want to send only emoji.
- Click on the small Smiley Face icon at the bottom right of the update status area to open a new menu.
- Select any emoji you want to include in your Facebook status.
- You can click on each category at the bottom of the menu to quickly jump to other types of emoji.
- You can also scroll through the huge list and take your time choosing your favorites.
- When you have finished adding emoji to the text box.
- Click the little Smiley Face again to close the menu .
- You can continue to update your post if you want to add text behind or in front of any emoji.
- When you’re done.
- Click the “Post” button to post the emoji.
- Your status update for all your Facebook friends to see.
- The Facebook mobile app doesn’t support emoji exactly like the ones you see on the desktop version.
- However, most phones have built-in emoji support .
- Look for a Smiley Face icon near the status update area.
- Tap it to insert an emoji on your mobile device.
Use emoji in Facebook comments
- Click inside the box of comments wherever you want to post the emoji .
- Use the small Smiley Face icon to the right of the comment box to open the emoji.
- Select one or more emoji and they will be instantly inserted into the comment box.
- Click the Smiley Face icon again to close the menu and finish typing the comment .
- You can add text anywhere you want , before or after the emoji.
- You can skip using the text entirely or post the comment normally using the Enter key.
- The emoji menu is just below the text box.
If you are using Messenger on your computer or have a message open on Facebook.
How to use Emoji on Facebook Messenger for mobile?
- Tap to open the conversation where you want to use an emoji or start a new one.
- Choose the little Smiley Face icon to the right of the text box.
- In the new menu displayed below the text box.
- Go to the Emoji tab.
- Press Smiley Face again to close the menu and continue editing your message.
- Touch the Send button to send the message with emoji .
Select an emoji or choose several by continuing by tapping them without exiting the menu.
Other options for sharing images
- When you post a status update on Facebook.
- There is a menu of items just below the text box and the emoji menu that you might be interested in.
- Most of these options have nothing to view with emoji and let you do it.
- Things like tagging friends in the post, starting a poll, and signing up at a nearby location.
- However, if you want to post an image instead of a small emoticon-like icon, use the Photo or Video button.
- Similarly, the GIF and Sticker options are useful if you want to add them to your status update instead of an emoji or in addition to an emoji.
- If you are using the Facebook mobile app.
- Look for the Meaning / Activity / Label option below the status text box or the Smiley Face icon next to d the comment text box.
- To insert such icons and images if your device does not support the Emoji you are looking for.