How not to be spied on Instagram
Do you love keeping your privacy on Instagram safe from malicious users? The well-known social network has achieved enormous success. It has many users who update the status of their social life every day. However, there are as many users who use this social network to spy on the desired users.
Are you among those who cannot give up on Instagram, but who at the same time want to protect their privacy? Then you have definitely come to the right place! In this practical guide we will explain how not to be spied on Instagram on both Android and iOS.
Remove last login
One of the many functions of Instagram is the ability to view the status and last access of users. In this way, anyone will be able to know when you are online or when you have last logged in. Your followers will only need to enter the stories or Direct to see who is online on Instagram.
Fortunately, you can deactivate this option, so you can’t be spied on Instagram. To do this, just follow the steps below:
- Open the Instagram;
- app Move to the Profile section (last “button” at the bottom right);
- Enter Settings (by swiping from right to left, the Settings button is at the bottom );
- Select the item “Privacy” and then again Activity status and you will find a screen similar to the figure above;
- Deactivate the options Show activity status and Show chat activity by setting its toggle to Off .
- Open the Instagram app.
- Move to the Profile section (last “button” at the bottom right);
- Enter the Settings (by swiping from the right to the left, the Settings button is at the bottom);
- Scroll down and select the item Options relating to stories , present in the section Privacy and security ;
- In the new screen select the item “ Hide the story from “ to select the accounts to which to hide the stories :
- Open the Instagram app on the your device.
- Move to the Profile.
- section Enter Settings.
- Scroll down up to the Privacy and security section and go to “ Account privacy “;
- Activate the Account option private by setting its toggle to On.
- Open the ‘app Instagram on your device.
- Move to the Search section (the second icon at the bottom from the left);
- Search and select the name of the person you want to block, and go to his profile;
- Select the icon with the three dots vertically placed at the top right of that profile;
- Finally, select the option Block.
Once this is done, you have correctly disabled the two options that allow your followers to view your status. Be careful though , by disabling these functions, you will not be able to view the status of the users you follow.
Do you suspect that a particular user is persecuting you in a morbid way? In fact, as we have shown you it is possible to see Instagram stories without being subscribed. Then it may be necessary to hide the Stories you post. The well-known social network allows you to make Stories invisible to one or more users.
At this point all you have to do is select the names of the followers you want to prevent from viewing your Stories. Changes will only be made to new content you post. Blocked users will still be able to see the old published Stories.
Set up private profile
One of the best ways to avoid being spied on Instagram is to set up your private profile. This way only your followers will be able to view the content you post. You will prevent anyone from becoming your follower, as you will have to confirm every request follow that will be delivered to you. This means that your posts, Stories and information will no longer be public.
From this moment on, users who want to follow you must send you a follow request . It will be up to you to decide whether to accept it or not and let that particular user follow you. However, taking advantage of this feature is not the definitive solution, as there will always be some users who will know how to spy on the private profile on Instagram.
Block Instagram profiles unwanted
A quick and painless solution is to block unwanted users . This is a really simple and immediate operation, which will allow you to prevent users you do not want from interacting with your profile.
Once this is done, you will have successfully blocked the unwanted user. All you have to do is repeat this procedure for all users you want to block and that’s it!
Avoid spy apps
The web is full of spy apps trying to steal your sensitive data. A less attentive user can mistakenly install applications that monitor their activities with their smartphone.
How do you know if there is a spy app installed on your device? Fortunately, it is quite simple to find out.
- If you use Android , go to Settings and select Applications . Check if in the proposed list there is a suspicious application or one that you have never installed before. If so, proceed to uninstall the app in question.
- If you are using iOS , open the Settings , enter the General and select Space free iPhone . Check all applications that appear to be installed on the device. If you see a suspicious app, proceed with the uninstallation.
Doubts or problems? We’ll help you
Was our guide on how not to be spied on Instagram helpful? So why not take a look at our related guides?
If you want to stay up to date, subscribe to our Telegram channel and follow us on Instagram. If you want to receive support for any questions or problems, subscribe to our Facebook community. Don’t forget that we have also created a search engine full of exclusive coupons and the best promotions from the web!