How not to get added to Instagram groups
Instagram now has more than a billion active users every month, and has recently added the ability to create groups where you can talk and share posts with multiple people at the same time.
Although this is an interesting function, in the last period it happens more and more often to be added to groups by fake users who share links dangerous for their data. To prevent this from happening, in this article we will show you how not to get added to Instagram groups .
Before continuing it should be noted that the update is on the server side , so it will be Instagram who will slowly choose who the update will arrive. If you haven’t received it yet, it’s only a matter of time.
The first way to get not being added to Instagram groups by strangers is to change the privacy settings of your account. To do this, you will have to perform the following steps:
- open the Instagram app on your smartphone and go to your profile;
- press on the three lines placed at the top right and select the item Settings;
- at this point, you will have to tap on the item Privacy and then press on the item Messaggi;
- after that, in the section Allow others to add you to groups you will have to check the item Only people you follow .
In addition to the procedure described above, there are also other solutions alternatives that allow you not to be added to Instagram groups.
Deactivate notifications for group requests
Instagram, in a completely automatic way, filters requests relating to groups received from unknown people. In fact, the user receives a notification for the application for membership which can later be refused or not. To prevent this notification from occurring, you can disable it by performing the following steps:
- go to your Instagram profile and tap on the three lines at the top right;
- press on Settings and select Notifications;
- at this point, you will need to access the Direct Messages section and move the check mark on the No item, corresponding to the Group requests section.
Block a user
If you are interested in not being added to an Instagram group by a particular user, then you can block the latter in order to avoid any type of interaction. To find out how to do this, we advise you to consult our special guide on how to block a person on Instagram .
Set up private profile
To make request to add to groups is filtered you can set the private profile . In fact, in this way requests relating to new followers (who can automatically add people to groups) are submitted for approval by the user. In addition to this, it should be noted that activating the private profile will only allow the content published to be displayed to followers, which can mean less visibility. Neglecting this aspect, to set up your private profile on Instagram just follow these steps:
- go to your profile and tap on the three lines at the top right, then press on Settings;
- at this point access the Privacy
and move the switch next to Private Account to ON.
Doubts or problems? We’ll help you
Remember to subscribe to our Youtube channel for videos and other reviews. If you want to stay up to date, subscribe to our Telegram channel and follow us on Instagram. If you want to receive support for any questions or problems, join our Faceboo k community or contact us on Instagram. Don’t forget that we have also created a search engine full of exclusive coupons and the best promotions from the web!