How to change Instagram password
After several months of inactivity, you have decided to return to actively use Instagram but unfortunately you no longer remember the access password or you want to set one that is easier to remember. Within this new tutorial today we will talk about how to change Instagram password using both the official website and the application for smartphones / tablets and Windows 10 PCs.
How to change your Instagram password from smartphones and tablets
If you want to change the password of your Instagram account directly from your smartphone or tablet, you can do it very easily using the official application of the popular social network.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Grab your device, open the app of Instagram and, if requested, log in to your account.
- Once this is done, press on the little man present at the bottom right, tap on the 3 dashes at the top right and choose Settings.
- Now, tap on P rivacy and security (on Android) or Security (on iOS) and choose Password.
- You just have to fill in the fields Current password , New password and Repeat the new password and press on ✓ (on Android) or Save (on iOS) to confirm.
In case you want to recover your password because you don’t remember it, you can do it through the official app of Instagram following these steps:
- Open the software of the photographic social network and then press on Did you forget your login credentials? Receive assistance with access (on Android) or Forgot your password? (on iOS).
- In the next step, if you are using an Android smartphone or tablet, fill in the Username, e-mail address or telephone by typing the username, e-mail address or mobile number and pressing the Next button. At this point, from the Login to your account page, use one of the proposed solutions (eg Send an e-mail) to recover the password.
- If, on the other hand, you use an iDevice, choose the method with which to recover your account by pressing on Username or Telephone , fill in the proposed field with the right information and then press the Next button . In the first case, an e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address connected to the Instagram account which will allow you to access your profile again by simply pressing the button Log in as username . In the second, however, you will receive a 6-digit code via SMS to the number entered just now to be typed in the Confirmation code field.
Since it is possible to use Instagram by logging in through the Facebook account, in this case you will have to act from the latter network to change or recover the password. Here is a guide on this.
How to change Instagram password from Windows 10 PC
As you well know, the Instagram developers propose an application dedicated to Windows PCs 10 which can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. Therefore, it is possible to use the software to modify or recover the access key.
Let’s see together the steps to follow:
- Open the Instagram app on your computer and if necessary log into your Instagram account with the right credentials.
- Once this is done, click on the little man at the bottom right and then press on the gear next to the Edit profile button to access the options.
- Now, locate the Change password item in the Account section > and press on.
- Complete the operation by filling in the fields Password current , New password and Repeat the new password and pressing on End at the top right of the section Password.
In case you would like to recover the protection key of your accou nt Instagram why don’t you remember it via the app for Windows 10 , you must first start it and then press the link Forgot your password? . Once this is done, follow practically the same steps seen for iOS.
How to change the password of Instagram from the website
If you don’t have your smartphone or tablet handy, have a Mac or have a PC with an older version of Windows, you can simply take advantage of the Instagram website to change or recover your password.
Let’s see together the steps to follow:
- Open the default browser on your PC (e.g. Chrome , Firefox , Safari or Edge ), connect to the Internet portal of Instagram and log in to your account by entering the correct credentials.
- Once this is done, click on the little man at the top right to access your Instagram profile and then press on the gear placed next to the Edit profile button.
- Through the menu that appears on the display, press on Change password , fill in the Old password , New password and Confirm the new password fields and press the Change password to save the changes.
If you do not remember the security key to access your Instagram profile , you will have to follow a different but still simple procedure. Connect to the Access problems page of the Instagram site from the chosen browser, fill in the E-mail, telephone or username field by entering the address e-mail address, mobile phone number or username and click on the Send the login link button.
In all cases you will receive an e-mail text message to the number of phone or e-mail address indicated containing in the first case a link while in the second the Reset Password button that will allow you to reset the protection key.
What to do in case of problems
If you still can’t access your Instagram account, you will need to contact the customer service directly of the well-known photographic social network using one of the options listed in our dedicated guide that you find below.
Doubts or problems ? We help you
If you want to stay up to date, subscribe to our Telegram channel and follow us on Instagram. If you want to receive support for any questions or problems, join our Facebook community.