How to clear Instagram cache and data on iPhone and Android
Since you use the app of the popular photo social network a lot, you have noticed that it takes up a lot of space on your device and so look for a way to recover memory. Within this new tutorial today we will talk about how to delete cache and Instagram data on iPhone and Android in a simple and fast way.
Before discovering the operations to be performed, we wanted to specify something very important. Deleting the data from the Instagram app results in disconnection from your account . So, before doing this, make sure you know your username and / or password to log in again without problems.
How to clear Instagram cache and data on Android
If you own an Android smartphone or tablet, you can delete both the data and the cache very quickly using the settings of Android.
Let’s find out the steps to follow:
- Grab your terminal and open the Settings by pressing on the gear present on the home screen, in the drawer or by pulling down the notification curtain.
- Through the displayed screen, locate the Applications menu (or with a similar name) and then taped on Instagram through the proposed list. In some cases, you can access the Application information screen by making a long tap on the Instagram icon and choosing Info app from the small menu that appears just above.
- Through the proposed screen, tap on Storage memory (or Storage space ) and then press the Empty cache
How to delete cache and data of Instagram on iPhone
Unfortunately, iOS does not offer a feature that allows you to directly delete the cache and / or data. Therefore, you will need to proceed directly with the complete uninstallation of the software.
To do this, please refer to the steps listed below:
- Grab your iPhone (or iPad ) and press on the gear on the home screen to access the Settings.
- Done this, tap on General and then choose iPhone / iPad Space from the screen displayed.
- After waiting a few seconds for the apps installed on your iDevice, scroll through the list, locate Instagram and tap on it.
- At this point, to proceed with the definitive deletion of both the app and all the data connected to it, just press twice consecutively on Delete app .
- Once this is done, open the App Store , search for Instagram and proceed with the installation p by pressing Get.
- Complete the procedure by opening the software of the photographic social network and logging into your account.
Doubts or problems? We’ll help you!
If you want to stay up to date, subscribe to our Telegram channel and follow us on Instagram. If you want to receive support for any questions or problems, join our Facebook community.