How to get out of the Instagram Shadowban
You noticed a drop in engagement and, after doing several checks, you realized you ended up in the Shadowban . To help you with this, we at ChimeraRevo have created a tutorial to explain exactly how to exit the Instagram Shadowban by following one of the 3 methods shown in the next lines.
Shadowban: what it is
For all those who have not yet fully understood the meaning of this term, Shadowban wants literally say “ notice shadow “. This is a mechanism that penalizes some Instagram profiles without the users’ knowledge.
Specifically, the Shadowban makes an account less visible , then there is a drop in engagement (likes, comments and follows). This term was also given due to the fact that the penalties imposed do not depend on the violation of the guidelines provided by the social network.
Although in June 2018 Instagram clearly stated that the Shadowban does not exist, he recently stated: “ We have started reducing the spread of inappropriate posts, which go against Instagram guidelines “. Put simply, if you post a photo or video that does not depict a sexual act but still alludes to it, it / or loses visibility as the social network will tend to hide the post. The same is true for content related to violence.
Regarding this, the developers of the social platform stated: “ This kind of content will probably not appear in the large community present on the pages of Explore and hashtags “.
How to get out of the Instagram Shadowban: first solution
The main cause of Shadowban of Instagram is due to improper use of some hashtags at internal posts. Therefore, the advice we give you is to delete the hashtags subject to bans in the latest content published on your profile.
The removal will have to be done manually. Unfortunately, the number of posts on which this operation will need to be performed is not very precise but we recommend doing it on the last 20 . Once this step is done correctly, the photos and videos posted on Instagram should re-generate Impression.
If you don’t know the complete list of prohibited or banned hashtags, we suggest you to refer to our dedicated article.
How to exit the Instagram Shadowban: second solution
After you have deleted all the hashtags in the last 20 posts, you realized that you are not still out of Shadowban . In this case, we recommend that you take advantage of a second method. It simply consists of publishing content on Instagram without any hashtag for two weeks .
According to some testimonies, in fact, 14 days it would seem to be the time during which the social network penalizes a profile. Therefore, it is necessary to wait for this period of time by posting photos and / or videos without any hashtag.
How to exit the Instagram Shadowban: third solution
After two weeks, you realized that your Instagram profile still not generating traffic. In this case, all that remains is to use the third solution: deactivate the social account for at least 3 days . The operation consists in disabling the profile and not completely deleting it. During this time, the page will not be visible to any user and also you will not lose any followers.
To do this, you must necessarily act from the Instagram.com website on your PC, smartphone or tablet (both desktop and mobile version).
If you are on a computer, follow the instructions below:
- Open the default browser, connect to the Instagram Internet portal and log in to your account by entering the correct credentials.
- In the next step, click on the little man at the top on the right and then press the Edit profile button next to your username.
- Now, press the Temporarily disable my account item, specify the reason via the drop-down menu of Why are you deactivating your account? (e.g. I want to remove something sa ), confirm the password and click on Temporarily disable the account .
At the end of the deactivation period, you can reactivate the ‘account by simply logging in with the right credentials.
If you are on a smartphone or tablet, instead, do this:
- Always connect to the website of Instagram in mobile version and log in to your Instagram account with the right credentials.
- In the next step, tap on the little man at the bottom right and then choose Edit profile .
- Scroll down, press on Temporarily disable my account and specify the reason through the drop-down menu of Why are you deactivating your account? .
- Finish the operation by entering the password of your account and pressing on Temporarily disable the account .
Doubts or problems? We’ll help you!
If you want to stay up to date, subscribe to our Telegram channel and follow us on Instagram. If you want to receive support for any questions or problems, join our Facebook community.