How to hide featured stories on Instagram
Instagram has now become part of the daily life of most of us. Among the various contents that can be shared on the famous social network there are also stories , or 15-second photos or videos that will be visible for 24 hours from publication. To ensure that some stories are always visible to your followers, you can take advantage of the featured stories . These, once saved, are always visible in your profile without time limits.
If among your followers there are also people you do not want to show yours stories, know that you can hide featured stories and stories on Instagram and in this article we will show you how.
How to hide Instagram stories from someone
If you are interested in hiding your Instagram stories only from certain people , be aware that this restriction will automatically apply to featured stories as well. To limit the display of your stories, the steps to take are as follows:
- open the Instagram app and go to your Profile by pressing the icon at the bottom of right of the screen;
- tap on the three lines placed at the top right and press on the item Settings;
- to this point select the Privacy item from the menu, then tap on History;
- after that, you will have to press on the item Hide the story at … and, once the list appears, you will need to type the username of the person you want to hide the stories from;
- put the check mark on the username you have chosen, you just have to save the changes by tapping on End.
How to hide Instagram stories from everyone
If you intend to post Instagram Stories to show only to a certain circle of people, then you can take advantage of the Closer Friends feature. In fact, a story, if published only for the Closest Friends list, will automatically be hidden from all other users who are not part of that list. To implement this procedure, the following steps are to be taken:
- open the Instagram app, tap on the three lines placed at the top right and press on the item Settings;
- among the various items that appeared, tap on Privacy , then on History ;
- at this point press on the Closest friends item and start selecting the people you want to show your stories to;
- completed the insertion, the operation is can be said to be finished because, during publication, just press the green dot at the bottom right.
How to hide Instagram stories of others
In case you are not interested in viewing the Instagram stories of a particular person, you can hide them; in any case the stories in evidence will still remain visible. To do this you will have to perform the following steps:
- open the Instagram app and search, in the story bar , for the one relating to the profile of your interest;
- once found, press and hold the icon of the chosen profile;
- at this point you will have to tap on the Silence item, then you will have to press on Disable story .
This way the stories that this user posts will be hidden from the stories section, however they will still be visible on their profile page.
Any doubts or problems? We’ll help you
Remember to subscribe to our Youtube channel for videos and other reviews. If you want to stay up to date, subscribe to our Telegram channel and follow us on Instagram. If you want to receive support for any questions or problems, join our Faceboo k community or contact us on Instagram. Don’t forget that we have also created a search engine full of exclusive coupons and the best promotions from the web!