Instagram app to split photos and create mosaic
You need to publish on Instagram an image divided into several photos to create a particular effect but you don’t know which applications to use to do this from your smartphone or tablet . With this new guide today we have decided to group the best Instagram apps to divide photos and create mosaic in a few simple steps.
The first application we recommend using is called Photo Grids . It is a free software with in-app purchases (€ 1.09 to remove advertising banners only or € 5.49 to unlock all functions) available for both Android and iOS that allows you to divide a rectangular photo or an entire panorama into a series of 3, 6 or 9 shots to upload to Instagram to impress your friends by creating a particular mosaic .
Having said that, let’s see together the steps to follow:
- Proceed with the download of Photo Grids from the Google Play Store for Android or from the App Store for iOS and then start it once the installation is complete.
- From the main application screen, press the button Gallery (on Android) or Photo Grids (on iOS) and select the image you want to transform into a mosaic.
- At this point, through the on the Photo Grid screen, choose your favorite mosaic pattern from the various options below and then move the photo preview to the desired point . If you have decided to unlock the additional features, you can use the other mosaics by pressing on the crown at the bottom right.
- In the next step, tap on the Next button at the top right and choose whether to replace one of the mosaic images with a new photo by tapping first on the icon at the bottom left, then on the image to be added and finally on the + of the photo to be changed.
- Once this procedure is completed, click on Done in order to confirm the modification and continue pressing on Next top right.
- Before proceeding with the export, you can use the application to apply changes to the mosaic. For example, you can apply a filter, a frame, insert a text or add a logo, a sticker and so on.
- Once this is done, press on ✓ at the top right and at this point you are ready to start publishing the mosaic on Instagram . To do this, just press on the various numbers ( from 1 to 9 ). Alternatively, you can manually publish the various images by taking them from the gallery. In the case of iOS , to save the images in the Photos app you need to press the Camera roll.
Another Instagram app to divide photos and create mosaic , this time reserved for smartphones and tablets Android , it is called 9square (known on the Play Store as Grids for Instagram ). It is a free application which allows you to crop images in 3 × 1, 3 × 2, 3 × 3, 3 × 4 and 3 × 5 and upload them directly to the popular photographic social network in a few simple gestures.
Let’s see how it works together:
- Grab your Android device, proceed with the download of 9square from the Google market and start it once you have completed the installation.
- Once this is done, click on the icon present in the center of the app screen and choose which source to use (e.g. Camera or Galleria).
- Once the photo to divide into a mosaic, choose the desired format from those available at the top (e.g. 3 × 4 ) and then you can customize the size by holding and dragging the edges of the rectangle or square that appears on the photo .
- At this point, you can also choose whether to flip the image by 45 ° by pressing the rotating arrow at the top or whether to flip the photo vertically or horizontally by first pressing on the icon present before Crop and then choosing Flip horizontally or Flip vertically .
- Completed the changes to the image, tap on Crop to get the result. To proceed with the upload of the mosaic on Instagram , simply press on number 1 (and then on the rest) or on the Instagram button. Alternatively, you can upload them directly from the social network app by first saving them in the gallery by choosing Save All , then assigning a name to the album and finally pressing on Save . The album will be found inside the internal memory and more precisely in the 9square_images folder.
InstaGrids is a completely free application available for iOS that allows you to create mosaics in a few simple steps. Let’s find out how to use it:
- Grab your iDevice, proceed with the download of InstaGrids from the App Store and start it once the installation is complete.
- Once this is done, click on the Camera item at the top left if you want to capture the image from transform into a mosaic using the camera of your iPhone or iPad or Gallery to take it from the gallery. Alternatively, you can use one of the predefined images proposed by the software itself by choosing Packs.
- Once you have selected the photo to be divided into multiple images, choose the desired format using the 3 icons at the bottom ( 1 × 3 , 3 × 2 or 3 × 3 ) and then pinch the screen if you want to zoom the photo.
- In the next step, click on Next at the top right and then just click on the various numbers choosing each time Save Image present in the row of gray icons. In this way, you will save the photos in the Photos app and they can be uploaded later to Instagram following the classic procedure. Alternatively, you can upload direct to Instagram by pressing the app icon in the first line of icons. If not, you can add it in a few simple steps by first pressing on Other and then tapping on the switch next to Instagram . Once this is done, press on End to return to the previous screen. Among the icons of the first row you will also find that of the popular social network.
Instagram app to divide photos and create mosaic: alternatives
In addition to the solutions listed above, you can find on App Store and Google Play Store other applications to consider to divide images and create mosaics details to publish on your Instagram profile . Find the list below.
Doubts or problems? We’ll help you!
If you want to stay up to date, subscribe to our Telegram channel and follow us on Instagram. If you want to receive support for any questions or problems, join our Facebook community.