Instagram for PC: how to use it
Instagram is without a doubt one of the most popular social networks available right now on the market. Although it is used mostly on smartphones, the well-known platform is also usable by computers. We have therefore decided to create a guide in which we explain how to use Instagram for PC using 3 methods.
How to use Instagram for PC via browser
The quickest and most intuitive solution to use the popular photographic social network is to connect to the website using a simple browser that can be Chrome , Firefox , Safari or Microsoft Edge . Through Instagram Web you can see the posts uploaded by both you and your friends, leave comments, put a Like and do much more.
The only thing that is currently not is supported is the ability to upload photos. However, you can get around this restriction by using Instagram for PC in mobile mode instead of desktop. In this way, you will be able to publish your favorite posts by also applying effects and filters that you usually use in the smartphone app.
In the specific, it is necessary to hide the user agent of the chosen Internet browser so that it is recognized as a mobile device. For the uninitiated, the user agent is a string that identifies the browser and allows you to deceive the websites you visit, applying a change, making them believe you are using a navigation app for smartphones and tablets.
If you use Google Chrome , we recommend that you use the extension User-Agent Switcher for Chrome .
Let’s see the steps to follow:
- Open the Big G browser, connect to the plugin page of the Chrome Web Store and first press on the Add button and then on Add extension from the message that appears at the top.
- One once the installation is complete, click on the extension icon at the top right and choose whether to use iOS , Android or Windows Phone as a mobile operating system.
- Next, click on the proposed method (eg iPhone 6 or Android KitKat ). Be careful not to select iPad if you choose iOS as you will continue to see the desktop version of Instagram.
- Now, simply connect to the portal of the photographic social network, log in and follow the normal procedure you do on the app.
To restore the default user agent of Chrome , click on the extension icon at the top, choose Chrome and press on Default.
If you use Firefox , the popular Mozilla browser, you will have to rely on the User-Agent Switcher extension which can be downloaded from the Firefox Add-ons website.
Let’s see how to use it:
- Open the Mozilla browser, connect to the plugin page and click first on + Add to Firefox and then on Install .
- Now, press the icon of the eg voltage at the top (the globe) and refer to the Select a Mobile Device section.
- In the line below, click on the preferred operating system among those proposed ( iOS , Android , Windows Phone, Tizen OS , Nokia Symbian or Firefox OS ).
- At this point, connect to the site of Instagram to use the mobile version.
To restore the default user agent of the browser of Mozilla , click on the icon of the add-on and then click on the tick at the bottom left.
In case you use Microsoft Edge , do this:
- Open the new browser of the Redmond giant, click on the 3 dots at the top right and choose Development tools from the menu that appears.
- Once this is done, press the Emulation tab and then click on the drop-down menu under Browser profile (in the Mode section ) and set Windows Phone instead of Desktop . Alternatively, from the drop-down menu of Device , choose a mobile device among those proposed (e.g. iPhone 7 , Nexus 6P or Microsoft Lumia 950 ).
- At this point, connect to the Instagram website and that’s it.
To restore the default user agent of Edge simply set Desktop from Browser Profile or Default from the Device menu.
Finally, if you use Safari on your Mac , you can set up mobile mode very easily.
Here are the steps:
- Open Safari , click on the Safari menu at the top left and choose Preferences .
- Then, click on the Advanced tab from the window that appears and select the option Show menu Development in the menu bar.
- After that, visit Instagram.com , click on the Development menu at the top, choose User agent and select one of the proposed iOS profiles .
To restore the default user agent, go to the Development menu, choose User agent and select By default (automatic choice) .
Once you reach the mobile version of Instagram on your PC Windows or Mac , you can comment a photo through the text field, put a Like by pressing on the little heart, embed the post on the your site by clicking on the 3 dots at the bottom right and choosing Embed from the menu that appears, search for a photo using the magnifying glass at the top , follow someone by pressing the Follow button on page ina profile or in the screen of the post displayed, post a photo or video by pressing the + at the bottom and choosing the desired content and do much more.
How to use Instagram for computer on Windows 10
Many of you will surely know that Instagram offers an official application downloadable on a PC or a tablet equipped with Windows 10 . All you have to do is connect to the page dedicated to Instagram for Windows 10 and click on the Get button to proceed with the download and installation of the Instagram app for PC.
Alternatively, open the Microsoft Store on your computer from Start and search for instagram using the search bar.
Once this is done, open the software you just installed, fill in the fields Phone number, username or e-mail and Password and click on Login to proceed with the login. Alternatively, click on Login with Facebook if you use Facebook to enter Instagram.
Once you have entered the home of the social network, you can upload a photo or video by clicking on the camera at the top left, send a message in Direct to another user of the photographic social network by pressing on airplane at the top right, search for a content or a person by first clicking on the magnifying glass at the bottom and then typing the word in the Search field present above, see the likes received by pressing on the little heart or manage your personal profile by clicking on the little man .
To comment on a post, simply click on the speech bubble just below the photo or video, type the text in the Add a comment … field and click on Publish to publish it. To Like a post, on the other hand, simply press on the heart . From the Instagram app for Windows 10 you can also save content by pressing the bookmark icon or share it by pressing on the airplane that you always find under the post.
How to use Instagram for PC via emulator
As an alternative to Instagram Web and Instagram for Windows 10 , you can take advantage of an Android emulator like BlueStacks. In this case, we strongly recommend that you take a look at our dedicated guide to help you choose the best Android emulator according to your needs.
Once the initial setup is complete, just open the Play Store , search for the Instagram app, install it, start it, log in to your account and do the preferred operation (eg post a photo).
Doubts or problems? We’ll help you
Remember to subscribe to our Youtube channel for videos and other reviews. If you want to stay up to date, subscribe to our Telegram channel and follow us on Instagram. If you want to receive support for any questions or problems, join our Faceboo k community or contact us on Instagram. Don’t forget that we have also created a search engine full of exclusive coupons and the best promotions from the web!