7 steps to grow your account and earn money on Instagram
Everyone wants to make money with Instagram because it is the fashionable social network. Not only is it the place where celebrities can show their own profile without depending on the paparazzi, but with a little patience and perseverance who proposes it can become an influencer and achieve profitability your presence on this network. So today I want to tell you how to grow and monetize your Instagram account in 7 steps following the advice of Anthony Carbone, a Instagrammer with over 14 million followers.
How to grow and earn money with Instagram
Step 1: Decide between iOS or Android
Unless you are a professional photographer, you don’t need a “real” camera to succeed on Instagram. So the decision is quite simple: iOS or Android?
iOS is perfect if you are going to instagram photos taken from your own mobile, since its cameras are superior (especially when there is little light) and the images have better resolution.
On the other hand, deciding on an Android mobile is ideal if you are going to process your photos on another device, since it allows you to directly access cloud storage services such as Google Drive and Dropbox. If you save your photos on any of these sites, it is an option to take into account.
Step 2: Install the appropriate apps
There are a lot of applications on the market that have been designed to complement Instagram App . These are the most recommended:
- SwiftKey. This predictive keyboard app will save you tons of time when writing your captions. Not only is it able to predict the combinations of words you use most frequently, but it also learns usernames and hashtags.
- Add Watermark Pro (Android) or iWatermark (iOS) . Essential to put a watermark on your photos and make it very clear that they are yours. Remember: discreet logos work better than large logos, don’t go overboard either!
- KiK Messenger . Although Instagram already has its own private message service, this application is still very useful for filtering spam and communicating with other users.
Step 3: Set up and protect your account
You are now ready to open your account at Instagram.com . The first thing you have to do is pay a little attention and that is that first impressions count a lot. So you should spend a little time reviewing these points:
- Bio . Most users decide whether to follow a new account or not in a matter of seconds. To make sure you attract the right audience, keep it short (4-5 lines), free of grammar and spelling errors, and free of emojis. Professionalism is key.
- Profile picture. The most important image of your entire account. It is best if it is textless or kept to a minimum.
- URL . This is the only clickable address for your entire profile, so make the most of it.
You already have a profile on the world’s most monetizable network… and also one of the most vulnerable to scams. So that it does not happen to you, you will have to protect your account. My recommendation is that you create an exclusive email address for this network, add your phone number and connect with your Facebook profile to be protected against possible hacks.
Step 4: Ready to publish!
You are now ready to start impressing the world with your photos. I recommend that you follow these tips to get the most out of your content :
- Do not use photos with a resolution lower than 1080 x 1080 pixels.
- Take care of the description of your photos. Good text can turn a mediocre image viral.
- Use three to five hashtags that are concrete and descriptive.
- Tag other accounts whenever relevant.
- Look for the best times to post : in the morning from 8 to 11, in the afternoon from 2 to 4 and between 7 and 9. Avoid idle hours on social networks!
- As for frequency , start with one or two posts a day and go up to 3-4 a day when you reach 5,000 followers. Starting at 10,000, you can post up to 4-5 times a day.
- With so many posts, you will need a service to schedule your posts: Hootsuite and Latergram work very well.
- Lastly, start engaging with your followers as soon as possible. Don’t forget that they are the key to your success.
Also read this article: 6 tips to increase your followers on Instagram
Step 5: Analytics
If you want to progress on Instagram, you need to know what happens with your account at all times: what are your followers like? What content do they prefer? To do this, I recommend that you use these three tools: Iconoquare.com (to follow the basic data of your account), SocialBlade.com (to study other accounts) and SocialRank.com (to find out who your most influential followers are).
Step 6: Grow!
Have you followed all the steps above, but still don’t have all the followers you would like? Do not despair! You just need to have a little patience and follow these tips:
- Focus on a niche that no one has covered yet. It seems difficult … but every day a lot of original ideas appear on the internet. Find yours!
- Consider paying other accounts for mentioning you . Before spending your budget, make sure your audience is the best fit for you.
- Beware of shortcuts! Bot-like programs that follow, “like” and comment for you do more harm than good, and Instagram every time chases them more.
Also read this article: Instagram for companies already in Spain
Step 7: Monetization
The time has come to harvest the fruits of your hard work and monetize your account, so to finish we are going to review all the options to advertise on this network:
- Sell part of the space in your captions. The least aggressive option.
- Sell the URL of your biography, either daily, weekly or monthly, or to accompany campaigns by post.
- Make paid “likes” of other photos and videos.
- The most interesting option for private users: join communities of influencers so that brands can send you their offers.
- To actively search for advertisers, follow accounts with a follower profile similar to yours and take a look at their promoted content.
You are now ready to grow your account and earn money with Instagram . Do you have any more tips to succeed in this network? Come and share it with us!