Many companies are on Instagram and post photos from time to time without much success. Like everything in Social Media, the first thing to do is ask yourself why you want to be on Instagram (besides being a very popular social network) and of course with what objectives.
Once this approach is made, it is possible that what happens is that you make one of the following mistakes:
9 mistakes to avoid on Instagram
- Your profile is private . Make sure that your profile is not private because a brand’s account has to be accessible to everyone, since in this way users do not have to ask for permission to follow you in addition to not viewing your content.
- You don’t put a link in the biography. Take advantage of the fact that you can change the link of the bio as many times as you want and put a link to the last post, or to the main page of your brand’s blog or website. Let us know in the comments you put on your photos.
- You always post the same type of images. You have become used to posting the same type of images of your products and this bores your followers. Try to get creative by experimenting with colors as well as offering helpful advice.
- You don’t publish consistently. If a week you publish several times, because you have new products to offer, and after you leave a time without publishing, you will lose the trust of your followers. It is also not advisable to post a lot of times every day because you saturate the timeline of your followers and this annoys. You must be consistent and post at least one photo daily.
- Do not take the opportunity to comment on your images. Take advantage of the space you have to describe your image by always adding a question. As in all social networks through questions we can get a lot of engagement. If the photo you post is of several products, ask for example if you like the smallest one for its size or the largest one for its appearance … so that they can answer one of the two things and make it easier for them. If you ask which one you like the most, they will answer less.
- Do not comment on the images of others . Indeed, if you do not comment on other images, they will not comment on yours either. Interaction is vital on social media, therefore also on Instagram.
- You don’t use hashtags. It is essential that you use hashtags related to your brand, product, business or sector since in this way users can find your content more easily, since you tag the content with keywords.
- Your content is too promotional. You can see your duster, that is, your intention is more to sell than to ‘contact’ with other people who might be interested in your products. Do not forget that social networks are not to sell directly but to humanize your brand in order to sell later.
- You don’t follow anyone. I have seen this error in many companies. I say that it is a mistake because they are lost opportunities. If you follow other brands, for example, alliances can be created, if you follow other users you can build loyalty.
Have you noticed any other errors? Thanks for sharing in the comments! And… thanks for sharing !.
Via: Passionate about Social Networks
Image courtesy of Shutterstock