How to change a company account to a personal profile on Instagram – Stop being a company profile
If you have a business account on Instagram and you want to change it to a personal account, but you don’t know how to do it, you have come to the right place because in this tutorial we will show you step by step how to change a business account to a personal profile on Instagram – Stop being a company profile.
Steps to change a business account on Instagram to a personal profile
Changing a business account to a personal account on Instagram is very simple; but you must bear in mind that when you change your company account to a personal one the statistics you have up to that moment on Instagram will be deleted . Additionally, a personal account will not provide your business with all the benefits that a business account can offer.
- Access your Instagram account by entering the usual data.
- When you have logged into your company account, go to the lower right corner and click on the photo or image that has your company profile.
- Once inside your profile, click on the three horizontal stripes found in the upper right corner.
- In the menu that has just been displayed you must click on the option “Configuration” (Settings), this option has a gear icon on its right side.
- In the new menu select “Account” .
- In the “Account” section you must click on the “Switch to personal account” option.
- A confirmation message will appear on the screen; Click on the “Change” option if you are sure to change your business account to a personal account.
- In this step your Instagram account stopped being a business account to be a personal account.
Remember that changing the type of account will erase all your statistics, and you will not be able to create ads as freely as you would with a company account. If at any time you want to reverse the account change you can do so by following the steps above.
Differences between a personal account and a company account
- This type of account on Instagram is usually used for private use , in it you can follow artist, news, brand or influencer accounts; You can also upload photos and videos of your daily activities, this can never be done in an account where you promote your brand or business.
- You can add links to your account biography, but it is impossible to add a contact button or commercial categories.
- You will not be able to access your profile statistics.
- With this type of account you will have limits to generate paid advertisements, since this account is not intended to promote any type of business.
- With a business account you can make your company or brand known faster while reaching more people.
- It is also possible to add buttons that immediately direct future customers to company email, website or WhatsApp; This is ideal for users to contact the company if they are interested in the services or products.
- It is true that creating a website is useful to publicize your brand or business, but currently the social network Instagram is widely used by users to search for services and products, so a business account will be very useful in this time.
- You can use the statistics generated by Instagram to know the impact that your publications and stories are generating on the users who follow your page, that way you can improve the quality of your advertising.
- Instagram statistics will also allow you to see what type of audience (male or female) is interested in your account.
- With this type of account it is not possible to publish videos, photos or personal images, since it would tarnish the image of the company or brand.
Before changing your business account to a personal account analyze the pros and cons that this change will have on your business. But, if what you want is a personal account you can create a personal profile on Instagram so that you follow your favorite artists, influencer or friends, even with this type of account you can upload videos and photographs applying the best filters to have unique and original images .