How to change emails on Instagram
If you no longer remember the password of your old email address that you used to register on Instagram, or someone is trying to hack it, changing your email address is an important step to avoid losing your account and not having plus the ability to log in.
In this article we see how to change emails on Instagram and secure your profile.
How to change emails on Instagram from the app
Let’s see how to edit emails on Instagram using the smartphone application:
- Go to your Instagram profile by logging into the app and select the icon or your profile picture at the bottom right.
- Select Edit profile .
- Scroll down until you find Personal Information Settings . Select the blue text to open the settings.
- You will find the appropriate spaces to add email address , phone number and date of birth .
- Tap on the space dedicated to the email address, delete the old one and enter your new email address.
- Confirm the changes by selecting the blue tick at the top of right.
- You will now receive an email from Instagram to confirm your new email address.
- Open the Instagram email and confirm.
Remember that without verifying your new email address you will not be able to access your profile using that address.
Read also: How to change password on Instagram
How to change email on Instagram from PC
If you want to change emails on Instagram using your PC, let’s see how.
- Write www.instagram.com in the search bar of your browser you usually use (you can do it both from PC and from mobile, if you don’t have the Instagram app).
- Enter your profile credentials to log in.
- Click on your profile picture at the top right.
- Select Edit profile .
- On the page that loads you will be able to change some aspects of your profile, including your name, username, website, bio, email and phone number.
- Delete your old email address and enter the new one.
- Click on the blue button Submit at the bottom of the page to save the changes.
- You will receive an email from Instagram , open it and confirm your email address.
Read also: How to block spam messages on Instagram
How to change email on Instagram without accessing profile
You can change emails on Instagram even without accessing your profile , but only if you entered your mobile number when registering or you can access the email address with which you registered on the social network .
If you have not entered your phone number or have access to your email address, please be careful as this procedure may cause you to lose your account.
- Go to Instagram on the page to login.
- Tap the Forgot Password button.
- Select I need further help .
- Enter your username, your phone number or email address.
- Change your profile password as recommended by Instagram.
- Follow Instagram’s best practice until you are shown the email address confirmation page.
- Enter your new email address and phone number.
- Confirm your changes.
Read also: How to recover the Instagram profile
Well, we’ve seen how to change emails on Instagram .
In the first two cases we saw in this article, changing emails on Instagram is very simple .
In the third case, that is, if you don’t have access to your profile, the procedure is very delicate and you should be careful not to miss any step: the risk is to lose your account.