How to change the password of my Instagram account from my mobile or PC
Instagram is one of the social networks in which many of us have part of our personal information, so it is normal that we do not want anyone to have access to it, that is why passwords exist. It is highly recommended that you know how to change your Instagram password , it is one of the basic security recommendations in any kind of account you have. From time to time it is necessary to update the password and this, obviously, has to be complex so that it is not easy to decipher.
That is why we are going to see step by step how to change Instagram password both from the mobile device and also from the computer. This way you will notice that the process is quite simple and in a matter of minutes you will have a new password and we hope it will also be more secure.
In addition, we will leave you some recommendations so that you can create a password that is really very secure to avoid any kind of security-related problem.
How to Change Instagram Password
How to change Instagram password from a computer
One of the easiest ways, since the computer screen offers us a broader view of the pages we enter. To do this you must:
- We will start by entering the official Instagram website and logging in with our current username and password .
- Once inside what you have to do is enter your profile. You just have to click on the bust icon that is in the upper right part of the screen.
- Now what you are going to do is go to the gear or cogwheel icon that is next to the “Edit profile” button which in turn is next to your username.
- A pop-up window appears where you will see a wide variety of options. Here the one that really interests us for now at least is the one that says Change password .
- Once you click on this option, a new page appears where it gives you the option to change the password. You will have to type the current password for security reasons and then you will have to type the new password twice .
- When you finish writing the new password, the only thing left to do is simply click on the blue button that says Change password and that’s it.
How to change Instagram password from the phone
This method is not complicated at all, you simply change the device from a computer to a mobile phone, but the steps are simple too.
- You will start with open the application and go to your profile.
- In the same way that we do in the web version, what you must do is click on the bust icon.
- Now that you are in your profile, we must look in the upper right part for the three dots that are vertically to enter a new menu of options.
- In the case that you have iOS they are three horizontal stripes . Click on them so that several options appear and now a gear icon appears at the bottom that says Settings, click on it.
- Once you are in this new menu, all you have to look for is the option that says Change password which is generally within the Account category on Android.
- When you press on this option a menu appears where it asks you to enter the current password and twice a new password.
In case you have forgotten your password, what you can do is change it with Facebook . By doing this, Instagram is in charge of verifying that you have Facebook on your mobile device and that you are identified with the application.
What is the best password?
The thing with passwords is that if you try too many times and fail to log in, your account will be locked, and you will have to recover it , so you should choose a password that you can remember, but that not easy to guess, here’s the password trick.
The truth is that the world of passwords is a complex subject. The best thing is to put a password that is not related to you or to things that you might like , since if someone tries to enter your account, they will try those things because they will assume they have to do with you.
You can try insert letters and numbers and upper and lower case in your password. For example: “[email protected]” would be quite a difficult password to guess and, in any case, something easy to remember. Although you can try to try something a little simpler that you can remember more easily, that will depend on you.