How to download all my data and photos from my Instagram account from my mobile
Surely at some point you have asked yourself: “How can I download all my data and photos from my Instagram account from my mobile?” This is, in fact, something quite common among users who use this social network. Fortunately for you and many others, the answer is here.
Throughout this article you will find all the necessary information to download all your data easily . But most importantly: without the need to install other applications and from your mobile.
Reasons of surplus to use Instagram
Instagram is one of the most important social networks in recent years. Year after year, functions and tools have been implemented that make this platform one of the most versatile . This is mainly due to the variety of its content.
Entertainment, stories, tips, or products. What you need you will get in this extraordinary social network. As mentioned above, downloading Instagram content is common among users .
However, it is just as common that to perform this action, they must go to the download and installation of certain applications. Since, for security reasons, Instagram does not allow the downloading of photos or videos from other accounts .
How to do it?
Instagram has an amazingly simple interface. Enough not to see the incredible options that it saves. That is why, once the curiosity is aroused to know the tools that Instagram keeps, you are impressed.
Downloading all your data and photos from your Instagram account is one of those things that will blow your mind. Sure! Everyone usually carries out this action using applications or download managers. But don’t worry … here you won’t need anything other than your mobile device .
- Open Instagram on your mobile device.
- Access your profile.
- Click on the icon with the three horizontal stripes to display the options menu.
- Choose the “Settings” option located at the bottom of your screen.
- Within the large number of options that Instagram puts at your disposal, you will select the one for “ Security “.
- In the “ Data and history ” section, click on “Download data”.
- Right now, Instagram will ask you to supply an email address. Do it and click on “Request download”.
- Then, Instagram will ask you to supply your account password.
What data does Instagram send?
Once you have completed the series of steps detailed above, Instagram will send your data to the email provided. When you access this email, you will see a ZIP file with all your information .
In this sense, downloading all your data and photos from your Instagram account is quite simple. Once you’ve downloaded the file, go to the download location and select “extract here” . With backup you can delete your Instagram conversations.
The content of the backup sent by Instagram is divided into two parts: folders and JSON files. Each folder contains subfolders in which you can view:
- Photos or videos posted on your profile.
- The content sent or received by direct.
- Photos or videos uploaded to Instagram Stories.
Files in JSON format also store interesting information. However, you will need to install a program to view its content . In these files, you will find:
- Comments.json : The comments you have made on Instagram.
- Likes.json : A list of all the photos and videos you have ‘liked’.
- Messages.json : The messages sent and received by Instagram Direct.
You have already downloaded all the data from your Instagram account!
As you will see, downloading all your data and photos from your Instagram account is an extremely simple procedure. You do not require applications or download emulators for Instagram . In addition, you can do it from the comfort of your mobile device or computer.
Of course, the size of the file may vary depending on the content that you have shared and that you liked on Instagram. So, make sure you have a WiFi network to save your mobile data.
The best thing about downloading all your photos and data from your Instagram account is that you can now delete the messages or conversations. As well as the photos you want … you already have a backup !