How to get the blue check on Instagram
Not everyone is able to get the coveted blue check on Instagram, but it’s not necessarily impossible.
I remember that years ago on Facebook almost everyone (or almost everyone) could apply to receive the blue badge on their page and it was even easier for the request to be accepted: now things are a a little bit changed.
Fortunately, however, Instagram allows you to send the request for verification of your account by following a few simple steps.
So, how to get the blue tick on Instagram ?
In this article I will explain how to apply and what to do in case it is refused.
Verified Instagram profile, how to get it
Getting the verified Instagram profile is not easy and you must have the requirements to ensure that your request is accepted and see the famous blue badge on your profile.
But what are these requirements?
Let’s see them:
- You must be “real” . By this I mean that your account must represent a real person or company. This means that Instagram does not consider meme accounts and the like.
- You must be “famous”. You can’t expect to get a blue check if no one knows or talks about you. You or your company must be known, in the sense that you must be featured in newspaper articles, interviews or be present in the first Google or YouTube searches with your name or that of your company.
- You must have configured your profile . Another requirement is to have a detailed bio and profile photo. Furthermore, your profile must be public, you must have at least one post and there cannot be invitations to add you on other social networks.
- Don’t lie . If you provide false or misleading information when requesting verification, you could lose your blue badge, face penalties and even risk being permanently banned from Instagram.
Verify Instagram account: how to make the request
The procedure for applying to verify your Instagram account is quite simple.
Before you start , make sure you log in to the profile you want to apply with (personal or company).
Here are the steps to follow to verify your Instagram account:
- Go to your Instagram profile by tapping your profile photo icon in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the three lines in the upper right corner of your profile to open the menu.
- Select the settings icon that appears in the lower right part, then select ‘Account’
- Scroll down through the settings and select ‘Request verification’.
- A form with your pre-filled account username will appear. Fill in the fields with your name and surname and choose the category of your account from the drop-down menu.
- Next, attach a photo of your card Identity, driving license or passport (in case of a company account just attach a recent utility bill, tax return or deed of incorporation).
- Finally, tap the blue ‘Send’ button to send your request to Instagram.
Done, now you just have to wait.
“Will my account now be verified?”
It is not certain that you will receive the blue check , your request will be reviewed by Instagram and will decide whether or not to approve the request.
This may take several weeks , so don’t expect a quick response.
Once your request has been processed, you will receive a notification in the app that will tell you the response.
If your request is rejected, you will be able to submit a new request after 30 days .
What are the advantages of having a verified account on Instagram?
Having a blue tick on Instagram brings numerous advantages (bragging to friends is not one of them 🙂
The main advantages are:
- No more copies . The greatest advantage of getting the blue badge on Instagram is to be immediately recognized by people and limit any “copies”, or fake accounts that copy yours
- You prove that you are important. Getting the verified account on Instagram shows that you are known and are considered an important person or brand.
- It is very useful for SEO on Instagram . With the blue check mark your profile will be at the top of the search results for terms related to your name or with keywords found in your bio. This will also make it easier to get more followers.
Well, we’ve seen how to get the blue tick on Instagram , how to apply and what the main benefits are.
Let me know later if they accept your request. 😉