Instagram users have the ability to add music to their stories. And it is a handy tool to make your videos more personalized and of better quality. Now subscribers can more accurately feel the mood and other moments. Moreover, the social network offers several options for using this option. In this article, we will explain how to add music to the Instagram story.
What does music overlay on a photo give?
The advantage of photos with superimposed music (if everything is done with high quality and tastefulness), from those that just flicker in the feed, is that the former immediately affect 2 channels of perception – vision, and hearing, while just a photo only affects vision. Each of us has favorite music that we always love to listen to. By overlaying beautiful music on the photo, you can put Instagram users who will see your post into relaxation mode. We love to relax with beautiful music or a song. Accordingly, if your post is made with taste, it will be remembered every time the music that you have overlaid sounds. Especially if your post is the primary source from which the Instagram user got acquainted with this musical composition, and he liked it.
Additionally, it can be noted that posts with superimposed music (again, if everything is done beautifully) are viewed by Instagram users longer, and accordingly, the likelihood that your message will be conveyed to subscribers is significantly higher.
What does the music overlay on the video give?
Sometimes the videos are beautiful, but the sound background is not very good. For example, if children are yelling in the background or some kind of rumbling transport is passing by. In this case, it is much more pleasant to watch your video with music, and not with these noises. Moreover, the music, correctly selected for the video, is able to completely set its perception. So, humorous videos with superimposed pun music add a special piquancy to the video.
How to add music to Instagram photos?
For these purposes, there are a large number of programs and applications. But the most convenient for me is the Video Maker app. With this application, you can add music to photos, videos, and create clips from photos and videos. It is quite easy to use and does not require any special knowledge. Here’s how to add music to your photos with it:
1. Open the application and select the “Editor” section.
2. A gallery of your photos and videos will immediately open in front of you. Select the desired photo, after which it will appear in the feed at the bottom of the screen. Click the Next button.
3. After that, you will be taken to the page for editing your clip. There are 2 sections in the menu that we need – these are “Music” and “Settings”. First of all, go to the “Settings” section.
4. In the submenu of the “Settings” section, press the “Duration” button and by moving the video, select the duration of the video (when overlaying music on a photo, we ultimately end up with a video) with our photo and overlaid music.
5. Next, go to the “Music” section. In this section, you can choose music for your photo. There are download options from sources where music can be used without copyright, there is a section where music can be imported from your device. Select the music you want.
When you select music, the scale of the sound of the composition will appear in front of you. By moving the start and end rollers, you can overlay a specific section of music or song on the photo. Select a suitable area, considering that the length of the selected area should coincide with the length of the resulting video, which you specified in the “Settings” section, and click the “Add Music” button.
Click on the red checkmark button in the upper right corner to go to the section for saving the resulting clip. On the page that opens, you can click the “Save to Gallery” button or directly send the resulting video to some social network.
In the “Review” item, the tracks are sorted into the following categories:
- “Moods” – Happiness, Romantic, Serene, Dreamy, Frightening, Fun, Dynamic, Glamorous, Rhythmic, Sentimental.
- “Genres” – Rhythm and Blues and Soul, Pop, Hip-Hop, Rock, Country, Latin American, Electronic, Jazz, Reggae, Folk, Reggaeton.
- “Themes” – Love, For the whole family, Soundtrack, Party, Nature, Romantic evening, Morning, For workouts, Birthday, Travel
How to add music to Instagram videos?
In the case of adding music to video using Video Maker, you should consider that your original video may also have its own sound. It must either be removed or weakened so that it does not overlap the imposed music. When adding music to a video (the instructions are the same as described with adding music to a photo), or rather, when you click the Add Music button, a slider will appear above your video. By dragging it to the left, you can increase the sound of the superimposed music, by dragging it to the right, you can make the music sounding in the background quieter than the main sound of the video.