Solution: ‘I can’t update Instagram from Play Store’ – How to update Instagram on my PC
Through this guide we will show you the solution to the problem ‘I can’t update Instagram from Play Store’ – How to update Instagram on my PC .
You need to know when it is necessary to update Instagram
Instagram is an application that is constantly changing, in fact, it constantly receives updates. Furthermore, if you want to use the App to its full potential, it is recommended to update it whenever possible .
However, you don’t always know when an app update comes out, but there are certain ways you can be aware of this.
First of all, as we pointed out, Instagram receives constant changes and usually people talk about them (good or bad). This is definitely a good way to know that you need to install an Instagram update.
On the other hand, sometimes the application notifies you directly that you must update or even requires it. Therefore, if for some reason you cannot log into Instagram or you receive a notification that requires you to update, it is a good time to do so .
Still, Instagram isn’t perfect, and it actually has relatively common mistakes. One of them prohibits the installation of the app, more specifically does not allow updating Instagram from the Play Store . Fortunately there are several things we can do to solve this problem
Solutions a’ I can’t update Instagram from Play Store ‘
The causes of not being able to install or update Instagram on your Android are diverse. Still, there are some things to consider.
Check that there are no other updates in queue
Play Store is the application that Google provides us to download applications and install updates. Anyway, there are usually many applications installed on the system and if you have automatic updates enabled, there may be others in the queue.
When there are updates in the queue, the message “ pending ” usually appears when updating an App such as Instagram. In most cases, you just have to wait, although you also have the option to cancel the other updates.
In addition, there is also the possibility of deactivating the automatic updates of an Android App, something recommended if you think you do not need updates to one or more Apps.
Try clearing the cache and data from the Play Store
It is one of the most talked about solutions when it comes to Android, but clearing the cache and data of the applications usually helps. Therefore, if you cannot update Instagram from the Play Store , try cleaning the data that the download application usually stores.
- To do the above, simply go to the “ Settings ” of your Android device.
- Among the multiple options present, you have to locate “ Applications “, space where you will find the Play Store, click on its icon.
- Depending on the device you have, there are variations, but usually the option “ Storage ” is shown. Here you will see two options, “Clear cache” and “Clear data” , we recommend clicking on both.
- If possible, restart your device and try to download Instagram again to see if the error has been solved.
Download Instagram from PC
You may not be aware, but the Instagram application is available for the Windows 10 operating system , although this should not be surprising, because it is even possible to download and install Instagram on a Smart TV. In any case, it is a good alternative if you cannot use the App from your mobile or if you want to use it directly from your computer.
- If you want to download Instagram from your PC, simply open the application “ Microsoft Store “.
- Once there, go to the top right (to the search engine) and type Instagram , press Enter. It should appear in the first result, just like Instagram.
- Click on the application and then on the “ Install ” button. After this, simply wait for the process to finish and you can run the application directly from the start menu.
Clearly this process is not necessary to upload and post photos to Instagram from your Windows PC, as it is also possible from the browser. Even so, the application undoubtedly has its advantages.