Solution: ‘Instagram focus mode does not work on my mobile’ – How to activate Instagram focus
Instagram is a social network originally from the United States and one of the most used applications worldwide, in it you can share photos, videos and you can also communicate by calls through a function called “Instagram Direct”. The founders of Instagram in 2010 were Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, it was sold to Facebook in 2012.
Instagram is a very interesting application, since its functions and tools give excellent effects to your publications, you can program them and it is free, such as Hashtags, Instagram Direct and Instagram stories, IGTV, Reels are really useful , fun and versatile. But now you can enjoy a new function that has been of great impact, it is the Focus Mode.
What is Instagram’s Focus Mode?
It is a plug-in that points to an exact place in a photo or video regardless of whether you have a camera or two, this function was added to the Stories element, in Spanish it means Stories, so that photos or videos are better seen. What will look better in the photo or video is what you signal, everything else will be blurred, you can even do this on your PC, installing an emulator.
The Portrait or Focus Mode function also called bokeh, is one of the most used by our users, but since everything is imperfect, it is unfortunate to mention that this function has its errors that discourage some users.
Activate Instagram Portrait or Focus Mode on your cell phone
As we already mentioned, Instagram has implemented new updates, but for many the Focus Mode does not work on their Android mobile, it gives them an error. This is one of the great problems encountered by some Instagram users who want this feature. So if it doesn’t work for you, it doesn’t appear or you don’t have it, we recommend that you follow the following advice.
- You must make sure that you have the latest version of Instagram, 39 or higher than this, to know if the version is updated, go to Google Play, search for Instagram, check if you have the option to update.
- If you have this option, press it and it will automatically update, if you do not have it, it is because it has already been restored, in case you have updated and the problem persists, enter the app on Instagram and put a new story.
- Then you are going to view the camera of your cell phone ready for you to choose a mode, remember that this is not a filter, this is to capture images, then from Stories you must take the photo.
- The Boomerang and Superzoom applications have many modes, the NORMAL mode slide it to the right until you get focus.
- To place a Storie, you can also do it from your profile , press it, this is at the top, when you are in focus mode, select the type of camera you want to use, the front or back.
- On your phone you will see a notice saying “Look for a face”, touch the face or faces you want to focus on, you cannot necessarily focus on just one face, it can also be more than one, the important thing is that you focus on them.
- Once the face or faces have been focused, the “Search for a face” function is deactivated. After the previous step, you will be ready to capture the photo or if it is a video, ready to record it.
- When you have already focused on the face or faces, the rest of the photo will be blurred, in case you want to take a photo, you only have to press the button once, if the case is that you are going to record a video, you must press and hold the button during recording.
- Then you can customize or edit your photo or your recording by placing GIFs, tags, emojis, drawings or texts, already stored, proceed to publish, decide if you want everyone to see it or just send to a few by private.
- This function is only for faces, the objects will not focus on you, since for now it is not available, capture photos or videos in bright spaces so that the background is not so bad.