“Your account has been compromised”. How to recover Instagram profile
“Your account has been compromised” . If you are here it means that this message appeared on your Instagram account and now you are looking for a solution.
When this message appears, it means that the situation is very delicate and you need to be careful.
In this article we see how to recover the Instagram profile after receiving this ‘ban’.
How to recover the Instagram profile?
Since Instagram started the bot war in June 2019, these bans have become very frequent. Instagram is unlikely to be wrong (although some bugs can occur that lead to these problems) and often the cause is some action too many.
There are many reasons Instagram might show this message, including:
- Using automations and bots to grow followers
- Using apps to see who has unfollowed you
- Using POD groups on Telegram
- Buying fake or like followers
- Doing too many actions such as following or un-following users for a short period of time
- Violating Instagram guidelines
- Avoid any action for 48 hours *
- Report the problem to Instagram or write to support (99.99% will not answer you, but trying doesn’t hurt )
- Change the bio and remove the link, if present
- Uninstall and reinstall the Instagram app (clearing the cache from the smartphone settings)
- Switch from Wifi to mobile data
- Make a sponsored one post for a few euros
You can also receive this message if someone is trying to log into your account, although the message is usually different.
What, then, to recover the profile?
First you need to follow the steps found under the message “Your account has been compromised” , such as changing your password or confirming your identity.
Next, as soon as Instagram lets you log into your profile again, you will need to revoke access to third-party apps and sites by following this step: Settings> Security> Apps and Websites .
Also to make Instagram “trust” you you will need to prove that you are not a bot.
By activating two-factor authentication (always in Settings> Security ) and connecting your Instagram account to your Facebook profile. The easiest way to connect your Instagram account to Facebook is to switch to a business profile or creator.
Performing all these steps will make your profile more secure and ban proof.
Read also: How the Instagram algorithm works
How long will it take to get my profile back?
Depending on the severity of the problem and other factors, it may take some time before regaining access to your Instagram profile.
If this is the first time you have seen this message, usually, following the procedure I mentioned earlier, Instagram will give you access again immediately or, at most, after a few hours.
If, on the other hand, in the past, especially after June 2019, you have had other bans or action blocks, it may take longer: usually from 2 to 30 days.
Your account has been compromised … again!
If you’ve already followed the steps to get your profile back, and all the others I recommended above, what you can do is:
* After 48 hours, resume leaving some likes and comments on people’s posts you follow, but without exaggerating. The process must be very slow to avoid another crash.
Well, in this article we have seen how to recover the Instagram profile after the message “your account has been compromised” .
As you can see, this is not a good situation and often you have to be patient because times can be very slow.
I hope I was helpful and let me know in the comments if you managed to get your profile back.